Uninstalling iTunes,If you’ve got exhausted pretty much every troubleshooting tip you may discover on the Internet for curing your iTunes hassle,
then you may in all likelihood don’t have any choice however to absolutely eliminate this system and then reinstall it.
But, what about all the digital track in your iTunes library?
This commonly doesn’t get removed whilst you uninstall iTunes,
but it’s nevertheless best to back it all up simply in case.
then it is a very good idea to make a copy of it on an external garage tool — together with a transportable tough force.
If you are fortunate sufficient and iTunes can nevertheless be run, then it’s first-rate to consolidate your library first before creating a backup.
This consolidation procedure guarantees that each one the media files that make up your iTunes library are copied to the iTunes folder — this solves the problem of getting to recollect where your media files are if they are spread out in specific folders in your computer’s difficult force.
If iTunes no longer capabilities,
then you will probably ought to omit out this consolidation procedure and simply perform a guide backup.
To see the whole method of consolidating and backing up your iTunes library,
read our manual on Copying iTunes Song Files to Local Storage.
Completely Uninstalling iTunes in Windows
In order to absolutely remove iTunes out of your Windows environment,
there are several components that want to be uninstalled — and in the right order! To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to Programs and Features in Control Panel. If you don’t know a way to get to this, then click the Windows Start button after which Control Panel.
- Click the Programs And Features link to view the software programs established in your gadget.
- Look down the listing of set up applications and then click on at the iTunes primary application. Now which you’ve highlighted this, click the Uninstall option — this is located simply above the call column.
- A message could be displayed asking if you are positive you want to remove iTunes from your laptop — click Yes to start uninstalling.
- Once iTunes has been eliminated you’ll additionally want to uninstall the QuickTime utility. Uninstall this just like you did for the primary iTunes program (steps 3 and four).
- The next software program issue to dispose of is called Apple Software Update. Again, uninstall this in exactly the identical way as the 2 preceding applications.
- Yet every other a part of iTunes that you’ll need to eliminate just in case the problem nevertheless remains is Apple Mobile Device Support. And, you guessed it — repeat the equal system as inside the preceding steps.
- The Bonjour service runs in the history and can be inflicting the fault you’re experiencing with iTunes. So, do away with this to be on the safe as nicely.
- Chances are you have got a model of iTunes this is better than 9. So, find Apple Application Support and uninstall this too. You’ll be satisfied to recognize this is the last one to eliminate.
- Finally, near the Programs And Features window and reboot your laptop.
Once Windows has restarted, installation the iTunes software program from scratch ensuring that you have the state-of-the-art model.