The live streaming cable TV alternative that doesn’t require a console
PlayStation Vue is a subscription provider that allows you to observe stay television with out purchasing cable. It calls for a web connection and a like minded device, but that tool doesn’t have to be a game console. While there is a Vue app to be had for each PS3 and PS4, you could also use Vue to observe stay tv in your cellphone, pc, and on many different gadgets.
The particularly complicated call of PlayStation Vue took place because the carrier started out out as a manner for PlayStation owners to look at live tv with out a cable subscription. However, the service is not locked to consoles. You do want a free PlayStation Network account to enroll in Vue, however you do not want to own a PlayStation.
Another ability vicinity of bewilderment is that PlayStation Vue has nothing to do with PlayStation TV. While PlayStation Vue is a tv streaming service for twine-cutters, PlayStation TV is a micro-console version of the PS Vita hand held that lets you play Vita games on your television.
PlayStation Vue competes immediately with different stay tv streaming services, which includes Sling TV, YouTube TV, and DirecTV Now, all of which give both stay and on-call for programming. CBS All Access is every other comparable competitor, even though it only offers content material from CBS.
Streaming offerings like Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix additionally allow you to watch tv shows and films on line, but most effective on an on-demand foundation. They all vary from Vue in that Vue helps you to watch stay television similar to cable.
How to Sign Up For PlayStation Vue
Signing up for PlayStation Vue is straightforward, and it even consists of a free trial. The trial is free even in case you choose one of the more luxurious programs, however you will be charged in case you don’t cancel before the trial ends, so ensure to preserve that during thoughts.
The different element you want to understand about signing up for PlayStation Vue is which you need a PlayStation Network account. If you do not have already got one, you’ll have the opportunity to set it up all through the join up technique.
You do not need to own a PlayStation sport console, so there’s no need to fear about that.
Note: Vue is to be had during the USA, however the availability of stay network television is limited to certain markets.
To join up for PlayStation Vue:
- Navigate to vue.Playstation .Com.
- Click on start free trial.
- Enter your zip code and click preserve.
- Determine which subscription plan you want, and click on choose this plan.
- Determine which add-on packages and stand-alone channels you need and click upload.
- Channels included in your subscription will say “bundled” and also you may not be capable of click on them.
- Enter your e-mail address, pick a password, and enter your birthday to create a PlayStation Network account, and click agree and create account.
- If you already have a PSN account, click check in in preference to growing a brand new account.
- Check to make certain which you selected the proper subscription plan and add-on channels, and then click on proceed to checkout.
- Click I agree, verify buy.
- Click maintain.
- Click spark off device in case you need to observe Vue on a device like a Roku, or click watch now to right away begin watching for your browser.
- Click no I’ll finish this later in case you are not currently at domestic, or click on sure I’m on my home community in case you are home.
Note: The buy overall need to display $zero.00 in case you are eligible for the unfastened trial, but you’ll be charged in case you do not cancel earlier than the trial ends.
Important: If you by accident set the incorrect place as your property network, you will be locked out of the capacity to watch live television and will should contact Vue’s customer support to repair it.
Choosing a PlayStation Vue Plan
PlayStation Vue has 4 plans that you may pick from. The maximum basic plan consists of a number of the maximum popular community and cable channels, while the extra steeply-priced plans upload sports, movies, and top rate channels.
The four Vue subscription alternatives are:
- Access: 40+ channels. Includes networks like ABC, Fox, and NBC, and cable channels like ESPN and Disney.
- Core: 60+ channels. Includes all of the Access channels and provides each countrywide and local sports activities channels.
- Elite: eighty+ channels. Includes all of the Access and Core channels, at the same time as including movie channels like Epix and circle of relatives channels like Discovery Family and Universal Kids.
- Ultra: 90+ channels. Includes the whole lot from the inexpensive packages and provides premium content material from HBO, Showtime, and others.
- Regardless of the plan you choose, the availability of stay network television is confined to unique markets. To see if it’s available in which you stay, you want to go into your zipcode at the PlayStation Vue channels page.
If the listing on that web page consists of local network channels, meaning you may have get right of entry to to live network tv. If it indicates ABC On Demand, FoxDemand, and NBC On Demand, you may be limited to on-call for content for the ones channels.
How Many Shows Can You Watch at Once on PlayStation Vue?
Like different offerings that offer stay television streaming, Vue limits the number of suggests you can watch on the equal time on distinct devices. It’s simpler than some of its competition, in that the restriction is five streams, and that limit is the equal irrespective of the plan you pick.
However, Vue additionally limits the types of devices you can circulate to. While you could movement as much as 5 suggests on the identical time, you can best move on one PS3 and one PS4 at a time. So in case you own PS4 consoles, you won’t be capable of use Vue on both at the identical time.
Vue also limits you to a few cell streams at any given time. That means you can watch a show on your cellphone whilst someone else watches a one of a kind display on their tablet, and a third person casts a unique display from their cellphone to a TV. But if a fourth man or woman desires to watch a exceptional show on their own cellphone or tablet, it won’t paintings.
In order to rise up to the whole five streams, you can use a combination of phones and drugs, Vue’s browser-primarily based video player on a computer, and devices like Fire TV, Roku, and Apple TV.
How Fast Does Your Internet Need to Be to Watch Vue?
PlayStation Vue requires a excessive-pace net connection, and also you need extra pace to handle a couple of streams.
According to PlayStation, you need at the least 10 Mbps to apply the provider, after which five Mbps for each additional flow. So the rough speeds you will want are:
- 10 Mbps+ to look at one show on one device.
- 15 Mbps+ to look at indicates at the equal internet connection.
- 20 Mbps+ to look at 3 suggests at the same connection, and so on.
PlayStation Ala Carte Options
In addition to the 4 foremost programs, Vue also gives some of ala carte alternatives that you may add in your subscription. These alternatives include a variety of top class channels, like HBO, that you may upload one after the other.
There are also a number of bundles that consist of several themed channels, such as each a Spanish language % and a sports p.C.. The sports percent includes additional ESPN, Fox Sports and NBC Universal Sports channels, NFL Redzone, and greater.
Watching Live Television, Sports and Movies on PlayStation Vue
The foremost purpose to join Vue is that it lets in you to observe live television, and it’s quite clean to do so. To watch a live tv show, sports recreation, or movie on Vue:
- Navigate to vue.Playstation .Com/watch.
- Click on Live TV or Guide.
- Find a display that you want to watch, and click the play button.
Note: Live network tv is most effective to be had in certain regions. If you live out of doors those regions, you will be restricted to on-call for content material from the important networks.
If you are watching on a PlayStation console, you can pause live TV indicates for up to 30 minutes. Pausing is limited to only a few minutes on different devices, so if you’re used to pausing after which rapid forwarding via commercials, you are higher off the use of the DVR function.
Does PlayStation Vue Have on Demand or DVR?
PlayStation Vue consists of both on-call for content material and a virtual video recorder (DVR) characteristic. Unlike some of its competitors, the DVR feature is protected in all of the applications, this means that you don’t ought to pay greater for it.
To watch an on-call for episode or movie on PlayStation Vue, or set up the DVR:
- Navigate to vue.Ps.Com/watch.
- Click channels.
- Click any channel to view the available shows.
- Click at the call of a display or movie you want to watch or document.
- Click at the + button, and the DVR feature will record all future episodes of the display.
- Click the play button on any on-demand episode that you need to look at.
Note: Vue does not assist you to rapid ahead through advertisements when watching on demand indicates, however you could speedy forward when viewing a display recorded with the DVR.
To watch shows you’ve got recorded with the DVR:
Navigate to vue.Playstation .Com/watch.
- Click my vue.
- Click at the show you need to watch.
- Click the play button on any recorded episode to observe it.
- When you record a show with the Vue DVR, you can watch it home or at the pass, and you can additionally rapid ahead, pause, and rewind.
Shows recorded in this way will stay stored for a restrained amount of time, after which they may not be available anymore.
Can You Rent Movies on PlayStation Vue?
While there are a whole lot of films available free of charge on Vue in case you choose the Ultra bundle or any premium channel accessories, you cannot simply lease films through the service.
If you’ve got a PS3 or PS4, you can lease movies directly from the PlayStation shop. However, in case you’re the usage of Vue on a pc or other like minded tool, you may ought to go to a exclusive carrier, like Amazon or Vudu to hire your movies.