Respawn releases the Battle Pass and new playable character, plus other changes
Legends Patch, Respawn Entertainment released its first top rate Battle Pass for Apex Legends this week, updating its conflict royale identify with a bunch of recent stuff.
The patch delivered a load of latest cosmetic objects as part of Apex’s first 3-month season of content material, Wild Frontier, which you may earn thru playing the game when you pay for the $10 conflict bypass.
The modern update introduced lots more than new skins, though–it additionally enlarged the Apex roster with the addition of Octane, a brand new person, and made a large update to person balancing that Respawn has been promising.
Respawn released the patch notes for the Season 1: Wild Frontier update on the Apex Legends subreddit, and that they provide a bit more detail on a few things, like how lengthy Octane’s competencies remaining, and covered a gaggle of quality-of-live upgrades that are now a part of the game as well. The new replace throws in some of malicious program fixes, like patching a spot in Gibraltar’s guard that wasn’t blocking off bullets and solving a trouble wherein Pathfinder’s zip line wouldn’t install if players used it at the same time as jumping. There also are numerous enhancements that need to make gambling the game a chunk less complicated for some humans, just like the capacity to swap the capabilities of the left and right bumpers on controllers.
Arguably the largest issue of the patch is the hit box trade, even though. According to Respawn, the hit containers for Gibraltar, Caustic, and Pathfinder had been modified “to better align with their shapes.” These had been announced previously, and the adjustment to character hit packing containers must make big characters like Gibraltar, Caustic, and Pathfinder loads more viable at the battlefield.
Hit packing containers are invisible shapes assigned to characters that sign in after they’ve been hit–if you shoot a man or woman but your bullet lands out of doors their hit container (hitting, say, a hand or a chunk of garb), the hit doesn’t count and the man or woman takes no harm. Caustic and Gibraltar, being the most important characters in Apex Legends, had the largest hit bins, but they had been additionally reputedly now not quite in step with the man or woman gamers see on screen. The identical is actual of the robot Pathfinder, whose hit field previously prolonged into locations that failed to seem like they must rely as successful, which include the distance between his metallic legs. The alternate need to make all 3 characters a little harder to hit, and consequently, greater players will be possibly to select them going forward.
Another exquisite addition on this patch is the brand new capacity to file human beings you watched is probably cheating. Players using hacks were a trouble for Apex on PC, and Respawn said in its patch notes it has banned simply shy of 500,000 players for dishonest. That’s a quite massive wide variety, however thinking about Respawn says 50 million people have downloaded the sport, there might nevertheless be an extended way to head in cleaning up the cheater hassle.
Finally, some other aspect of word is progressed crash reporting. PC crashes are nevertheless extra not unusual than many would love, and this replace objectives to enhance the way reports are generated. It also makes it smooth that allows you to determine whether to share this file with Respawn and that there isn’t always any personal facts being protected while you do.
You can examine the total patch notes below. The replace–and accompanying new content material, encompass Octane skins and the new Battle Pass skins–is now stay on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Apex Legends Season 1 Update Patch Notes
Legends Patch,Stability & Performance
Legends Patch,We’ve got a few fixes in this patch as a way to improve balance on PC however we understand there are still issues accessible we need to address. We also brought crash reporting so we are able to better recognize a way to address the issues we haven’t solved but and deal with destiny ones.
01. Improved balance for various GPU configurations.
02. Capped PC FPS to 300 to balance enhancing balance however nonetheless letting you folks experience the ones candy frames.
03. Addressed problem with PS4 crashes due to jogging out of reminiscence.
04. Introducing higher reporting while Apex crashes on PC with out blunders message.
- We really need to restore any crashes humans appear to get on PC. We additionally appreciate our player’s privacy. So, if the PC game crashes, it will write “apex_crash.Txt” for your “Documents” folder. This tiny report is plain text, so that you can without problems see for yourself that it has no personal information. If you pick out to proportion this file with us, it will inform us whether the crash was in Apex or in 0.33 celebration software. The crash turned into in Apex, our programmers can use the data to locate and connect it. If you enjoy a crash, please encompass this document when you record.
- We guard your personal records.
- You can without difficulty see everything in the record your self; we haven’t any secrets.
- You’re on top of things of whether we ever see the report.
05. Added Report a Player feature for cheating and abuse on PC.
- Players can now file cheaters they come across in-game and it’ll be sent at once to Easy Anti-Cheat. You can do this from both the spectate view after death or whilst searching at your crew’s Banner Cards within the Squad tab.
- We have lots of other work happening behind the scenes and this stays high precedence for us. We gained’t be capable of share many specifics of what we’re doing but we’ll try to provide updates on progress for the matters we can talk approximately.
- As I’m completing the notes this morning, 499,937 accounts and counting had been banned for cheating.
- Speed hacking: We do presently have anti-velocity hacking in Apex Legends, but it’s no longer being as powerful as supposed due to a bug that we trust we’ve diagnosed and will be addressing in our next server update. Will provide ETA for it once I have it. Working to get it out ASAP.
06. Added Report a Player for abuse on Consoles
- You can report gamers from the spectate view after demise or whilst looking at your group’s Banner Cards inside the Squad tab.
07. Optimized skydiving to improve usual server overall performance.
08. Fixed worm wherein every so often the patron ought to crash while opening Apex Packs one proper after the opposite.
Legends Patch,Quality Of Life
01. Added “Swap LT/RT & LB/RB” / “Swap L1/R1 & L2/R2”) toggle in the Controller Button Layout settings.
- Lets you speedy swap what your bumpers & triggers are set to, with any controller preset.
02. Added “Sprint View Shake” placing under the Video tab.
- Setting this to “Minimal” may be specifically helpful for players at risk of movement sickness.
03. Added “Trigger Deadzones” placing beneath the Controller tab.
- Customize how a ways you want to drag the triggers earlier than they sign in.
Added “Advanced Look Controls” settings submenu under the Controller tab.
- Fine-music precise components of the look controls for a custom feel; including Deadzone, Response Curve, Target Compensation (aim assist), and more.
When you relinquish the Jumpmaster role to some other participant you’ll now pay attention your Legend’s VO line further to the new Jumpmaster. The 0.33 player received’t hear it though.
Pathfinder grapple: up to date icon
Pathfinder grapple: delivered indicator near crosshair to reveal whilst player is in range of grapple-in a position geo
Legends Patch, Improved mantling from a grapple factor.
Pathfinder can now grapple ziplines.
We’ve delivered D-pad navigation as a convenience in most of the menus. Our wish is this will speed up browsing and improve accessibility.
UI improvements to the KO Shield
- Shield bar drains to suggest the last fitness of the shield.
- When you have a Gold KO Shield and are down, we’ve added an impact to the label that reminds you that you could self revive.
We saw that the Ring indicator that looks whilst players are viewing the whole map wasn’t correctly displaying the participant’s position so we constant that.
Character animations whilst taking harm now appropriately reflect the path the harm is coming from.
Fixed a computer virus wherein occluded sounds could from time to time sound unoccluded.
Patched up a few problems with lacking geo on Kings Canyon and fixed some spots wherein gamers have been getting stuck.
Fixed a script errors that would take place when removing attachments on holstered weapons.
General polish to sport UI fixing some grammar problems, improved navigation, and composition of factors.
Set PC customers constantly switching weapons at the same time as scrolling via items in a Death Box.
Fixed problem wherein we have been seeing server stability problems every. So often because of buying objects whilst matchmaking.
Set script mistakes that could occur for the duration of the skydive.
Reduced skybox fog.
Adjusted the code for Supply Bins so they’re less probable to kill players. If you do nevertheless get killed through one please allow us to realize!
Made it so push-to-talk is no longer on whilst a chat container is active.
LT/RT no longer switches between players in spectator mode while the map is open.
Updated the minimap to extra accurately replicate the geo and factors of hobby on the main map.
Adding sound FX to the UI for the key binding menu: Fixed
Difficulty in which a participant’s call might not display up after they ship a message that reached the person limit.
Worm where every now and then the Champion display decision would be stretched in widescreen resolutions.
Audio bug in which on occasion the zipline sounds FX might preserve gambling after disembarking.
Added accessibility choice to regulate the subtitle length.
Improvements / fixes for shade blind players:
- Added better colour blind assist for Blood Hound’s Threat Vision.
- Colorblind colours consistent with setting are actually displayed inside the settings menu.
- Colorblind settings moved from Video Settings to Gameplay->Accessibility. They are now carried out on the fly.
- Enemy pings now use right enemy coloration in place of handiest the usage of crimson.
Audio: Turned down
- Extent whilst Wraith turns on a portal.
- The quit sounds at the Peacekeeper charged shot.
- The draw/holster sound slightly for thermite grenades.
Legend Hit Box Adjustments
Adjusted hit boxes for Gibraltar, Caustic, and Pathfinder to higher align with their shapes.
Legends Patch, Weapons
Players being capable of shortcut weapon switch by using converting stance
Legends Patch, Players being able to shortcut Peacekeeper rechamber collection
Misguided car ranging fullscreen (sniper) optics when base FOV is not set to default
Spitfire: fixed ADS view on Legendaries partly obscured by custom geo. (The Continuum, The Heavy Construct)
Fixed ADS view being blocked while the use of Caustic legendary skins with sure weapon/ optic combos
Digital danger optics: hazard highlights are actually more seen (slightly brighter; now not stricken by TSAA)
Fixed trojan horse wherein Devotion audio every so often wouldn’t appropriately reflect price of hearth.
Legends Patch, Additional Bug Fixes
Fixed uncommon trouble in which a participant may want to get caught at the drop ship and be invulnerable.
Patched up the hollow we located in Gibraltar’s protect.
Set trouble wherein Lifeline’s revive shield wouldn’t live positioned whilst on a shifting platform.
Fixed difficulty in which now and again players would get caught in map geometry. While skydiving from the dropship or Jump Towers.
Legends Patch, Set worm wherein players could nonetheless shoot even after being downed.
Fixed trojan horse in which from time to time Lifeline’s D.O.C. Drone might live related to a participant but now not heal them.
Limited the amount of Lifeline’s D.O.C. Drones which can hook up with a player to two.
Legends Patch, Pathfinder’s zipline no longer deploying whilst leaping.
A bug with the HUD wherein now and again the Heal Bar would stay up if the heal changed into cancelled proper after it was started out.
A malicious program in which every. So often the audio might hold to play sound FX for the Knockdown Shield even after it’s been destroyed.
Difficulty where on occasion players may want to get disconnected whilst unplugging their controller at some stage in a game.
The exploit where you could do limitless wallclimb the use of Pathfinder’s Grapple.
Bug where sometimes you couldn’t fireplace the Peacekeeper after riding a zip line.
Trouble wherein on occasion the skybox fog could no longer seem at the same time as spectating once you died.
Worm wherein Banner Cards could display via walls once in a while when regarded through a very excessive FOV.
Legends Patch, Fixed a few unusual mild flickering that turned into going on at the ballon flags attached to Jump Towers.
Fixed trojan horse wherein once in a while a participant’s Banner Card would now not show up after person choose.
Razer Chroma Support
Apex Legends will now hit upon Razer Chroma peripherals and supported gadgets will now play lively colorations that react to stuff you do in the sport! Some examples:
- Red lights during banner transitions.
- While skydiving colours will song to the colour of your smoke path.
- Picking up loot.
- Opening Apex Packs
- Firing and taking damage.
- Colors that flash while your Ultimate is prepared.
- And more!