Access AOL Mail,If you have got AOL as your e-mail provider, you aren’t limited to the AOL customer or internet site while you need to test your messages. You can installation Outlook.Com to get admission to and download your emails from AOL. You can also reply or send messages from Outlook.Com but whilst using your AOL e mail cope with and identification.
Access AOL Mail,Accessing AOL Mail Through Outlook.com
Follow these steps to add your AOL e-mail account for your Outlook.Com e mail carrier to down load incoming messages:
- Click the settings gear icon (⚙) at Outlook.com.
- Select Connected accounts.
- Under Add a connected account, click Other email accounts.
- TheConnect your email account window will open. Enter your AOL email address and your AOL password.
- Select the radio button for your choice to either create a new folder where all of your AOL messages will be routed or to have your AOL messages placed in an existing folder.
- Click OK.
- If these steps are successful, you will receive a message that your account is now connected to Outlook.com and your AOL inbox emails are being imported. This process can take awhile if you have a lot of emails to be downloaded. You are not required to stay on Outlook.com to wait for this process to complete; it will continue on the server, so you are free to close your browser and even turn off your computer. Click OK.
Your AOL e-mail deal with will display within the Manage your related debts segment. You will even see the popularity of the e-mail import and the time of the remaining update. If you want to edit any of the details in your AOL account, click on the pencil icon to open the info page and update information together with your AOL account password.
Your AOL electronic mail address will appear amongst your inbox folders on the left aspect of the Outlook.Com mail web page. Click it, and the messages you’ve got in your AOL inbox could be proven in Outlook.Com (however take into account that your messages can also nevertheless be importing and all might not appear there but).
Sending Messages Using Your AOL Alias
You are able to send emails via your AOL identity in Outlook.com. When composing a message, click the From address field and select your AOL email address.
If the From field is not visible (by default it is hidden), you will need to set it to be viewable. Do so by clicking the message options menu, which appears as three horizontal dots in the message menu, next to Discard. In the dropdown menu, click Show From. The From field will now be visible on your composed messages.
Setting AOL as the Default Outgoing Email Account
Outlook.Com can be set to apply AOL as your default shipping account so that messages you ship will come from your AOL account. Your AOL email address will appear within the From subject by default.
To change your default outgoing email address to your aol.com address:
- Click the Mail Settings icon in the top bar (it looks like a gear).
- Click Connected accounts from the menu.
- In the Connected accounts window, under the From address, click Change your From address.
- In the window that appears, click the dropdown menu and select your AOL email address.
Email replies to messages you send from Outlook.com using your AOL account will go to your AOL account, and they will appear in Outlook.com when they are imported.